Most of us have gone through a heart-wrenching breakup sometime during our lives. Whether you saw it coming or were blindsided, the anguish it causes can be difficult to handle. Just keep in mind that it does get easier as time goes by.
How to get over a breakup
Some individuals manage to get on with their lives within a few months while others may take a year or more, perhaps even several years. Some begin to eat and gain weight, having difficulties going on the diet. Just remember that we all cope differently so don’t try to compare yourself with someone else. You’re in your own space and time. I’d like to share a number of ways to get on with your life that may make it easier for you that I have used.
How To Move On Tips:
How to move on after a breakup
- Avoid contact – the best thing you can do is to stay away from your ex for 8 to 12 weeks. This affords you space to think things over and give time for yourself. This will be difficult at first but is necessary.
- Don’t idealize the past – try to avoid putting good memories on repeat. This is particularly true if you wanted to continue. You need to sit back and look at the bigger picture.
- Get into yourself – think about things you want to do that you didn’t have a chance to do in the past. Find yourself, fall in love with yourself. Don’t think about bad times and what is wrong with your life. For example, I don’t want to be single or cheated on again. Go forward with positive thinking. Bring attention to what you want not what you don’t want. Be glad you are single and you want to develop a new relationship. Make sure you bring about confidence in your endeavors.
- Forgive – this is difficult but very important. It doesn’t mean that what they did is alright but you need to move on. Anger is not the answer. All the will do is cause you to fester and get stuck in a rut. Don’t go there!
- Be kind to you – don’t let that little voice in your mind’s ear belittle you. Take charge and be supportive of you.
- No badmouthing – most of us use our friends to badmouth an ex. Oh, this is very bad, don’t do it. This is very immature.
- Stalking – today we have internet media which can be used to stalk an ex. Don’t go there. You might want to remove your ex as soon as possible.
- Trust – trust in the humanity of things. Being rejected is a part of life and necessary for proper emotional development. Trust in this life process. Some relationships are meant to last and others are not. Go with the flow not against it. Believe in love, don’t back away from it. Love is the most beautiful thing we have to share as humans.
- MedicineNet.com - Phentermine Weight Loss Drug Side Effects, Dosage, Safety & Alcohol Effects.
- RXList.com - Phentermine (phentermine hydrochloride): Side Effects, Dosages, Treatment, Interactions, Warnings
- EverydayHealth.com - Phentermine Reviews - Everyday Health
- HealthLine.com - Phentermine - Side Effects, Dosage, Uses, and More.
(Last Updated On: 22nd January 2020)